6 Subtle Ways to Attract Your Crush
Some call it a crush, others say it’s infatuation or puppy love. Regardless of what you want to call it, we know for certain that you want your apple of the eye to like you back.
If you’re wondering if it’s possible for you to attract your crush without doing over-the-top things, then you’ve come to the right place. We’d like to share six simple and practical tips you can use to get your crush to take interest in you.
If you follow the tips correctly, your crush might even start falling madly in love with you.
Steady your beating heart!
We know it’s terribly hard to concentrate when you have butterflies in your stomach. However, if you really want to be in your A-game, you don’t really have a choice. You have to learn how to tame your wild heart so you can focus on the things you need to do such as picking the right outfit to wear every day.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Do breathing exercises – Studies claim that shortness of breath often worsens nervous breakdown or anxiety attacks. Take a deep and long breath before you talk to your crush.
- Focus on the lighter side of things – Don’t think about the worst things that may happen during your first encounter. Just think of the great things that could happen once he starts noticing you.
- Shift your attention to him – Instead of worrying about all the mistakes you might do, focus your energy on the meeting. Check out his body language, keep the conversation going and make eye contact as often as needed.
Aside from calming your nerves in order to act and say things properly, you also need to show your true color.
Catch his attention with your beautiful smile
A lot of males instantly fall for a beautiful, natural and sincere smile. According to psychology, smiling can make any person look more approachable. A smile has the capacity to bridge gaps and trigger communication between two strangers.
If you’re not fond of smiling, it’s high time to start working on it. Not too confident with your smile? Follow the smiling exercise routine below:
- Try to smile as widely as your lips would permit. This will help you loosen your facial muscles especially if you’re not too keen on smiling.
- Look at how you smile in front of the mirror.
- When you smile, think of a happy thought. This will help you create a more genuine look.
- Go out and smile at strangers. Pay attention to how they react and make a mental note on how you can improve your smile.
Use just the right amount of make up
Remember ladies: less is always more! You don’t need 10 layers or make-up just to grab the attention of the opposite sex. Also, wearing all that make-up product will cause lots of damage to your skin, especially if you forget to remove them.
Go for a light and fresh look. If you can’t help wearing makeup, then we suggest you focus on highlighting your best features instead of concealing your imperfections.
Spray a memorable scent
Never underestimate the power of scent. Guys notice even the faintest fragrances. If they get to associate positive emotions or remember happy memories with your signature perfume, surely the thought of you would never escape their mind.
For this reason, you should have a nice perfume with you all the time. The best part is that you get to choose from a plethora of women’s perfumes. We’re certain that you’d find a scent that suits your character and your preferences really well. Just remember to avoid wearing intense fragrances. Mild, fresh and citrus scents are highly recommended.
Also, do take note that you don’t have to put too much perfume on you to get noticed by your dream guy. You’d be surprised how a few drops of your favorite Eau de Parfum, Eau de Toilette or Eau de Cologne can make a significant difference.
Avoid revealing too much about you
Leave a bit of mystery about yourself. Revealing too much won’t help you move forward or get an ideal result. You’re taking away his chance of getting to know you the way he wants too.
Besides, you might give him the impression that you’re too full of yourself. Let him asks the questions. Then, give him time to share his story too.
Avoid forcing the conversation to happen. Instead, you should allow things to happen on their own.
Show him who you really are
This is the make it or break it moment for many women. Sometimes, instead of showing who they really are, they bottle it up and hope that their dream guy finds them attractive.
If you’re planning to tread the same path, you’re on your way to a miserable life.
Drop the facade.
Don’t be afraid to show who you really are.
If the guy doesn’t like you back because he thinks you’re too nerdy, bookish, loud, vivacious, or tactless, then maybe he’s not a right fit for you.
There’s plenty of fish in the sea, love. Don’t let one guy make you think that you’re of less value just because he doesn’t like you.
On one hand, if he likes you despite seeing both your strengths and flaws, then, by all means, level up your dating game.
How to know if he starts liking you back
By following the tips we shared above, you can significantly increase your chances of getting his attention. Once you get the intended results, your next mission is to know if he’s starting to like you back.
Here are the key signs you need to look out for:
- He starts asking more questions about you – This is a tell-tale sign that he wants to get to know you more and that he’s absolutely interested.
- He can’t help but smile at you – He smiles at you more often than before. Sometimes you even catch him secretly staring at you.
- He asks for your number and communicates with you regularly – They want to feel closer to you despite their busy work schedule. A simple greeting or a thoughtful question like “how was your day?” is one way to tell that he’s slowing falling for you.
- He wants to go out with you more often – He truly wants to be around you as often as he could, even if it meant driving for more than 20 to 30 minutes or taking the bus for more than an hour.
What to do to keep things going
You’ve been making great progress! Congratulations! You’re on the path to enjoying a long-term relationship. The only challenge now is how you can keep the fire burning.
It’s relatively easier to make things interesting during the first few months. However, you have to understand that excitement tends to die down as your relationship drags on. Maintain the momentum by learning his “love language”. Find out how he expresses his feelings towards you. Does he like expressing things verbally? Is he more of an old-school love-letter kind of guy?
You should also work on your communication skills. Try talking about your relationship. Discuss the things you’re not happy with and how you can resolve it. Keep an open line at all times so you can make improvements if needed.
You managed to grab his attention and win his affection. All you need to do is to work on whatever you two have to ensure that it lasts long.